Reminder: Enrollment closes at midnight CST on November 30!
Can you get inspired while studying art history? Have FUN?
YES! AND I CAN’T WAIT TO SHOW YOU HOW!
This 10-week course designed for adults and teachers will challenge you in fun and engaging ways. Instead of passively being lectured to about art you think you can’t understand, you will…
CREATE, WRITE, DISCUSS, THINK, and WONDER!
Join us for the Ancient Art Around the World class to get access to the following features:
- Two, manageable 30-45m lessons per week
- Private Class Facebook Group for Discussions
- Printable Workbook Pages for All Activities
- Videos, projects, discussions, quizzes, and more!
- Bonus activities for extra learning!
- Form letters to school adminstrators to help potentially cover the cost or get PD credit for teachers
- Certificate of completion
The schedule is subject to change.
- Week 1 – SEPTEMBER 12: Welcome to Course and How to Study Art History
- Week 2 – SEPTEMBER 19: Ancient Near East
- Week 3 – SEPTEMBER 26: Sculpture Materials and Processes
- Week 4 – OCTOBER 3: Ancient Egypt
- Week 5 – OCTOBER 10: Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece
- Week 6 – OCTOBER 17: Ancient Greece and Rome
- Week 7 – OCTOBER 24: Ancient Rome and Africa
- Week 8 – OCTOBER 31: Asia
- Week 9 – NOVEMBER 7: The Americas
- Week 10 – NOVEMBER 14: Research Week
Who should take this course?
The course is especially tailored for teachers, adults, and older students. High school students are also encouraged to enroll. If you have a high school student who is interested, you are welcome to preview the course yourself before registration
Why should art teachers take this course?
In addition to adding depth to your art history knowledge, this course models different ways of teaching activities. While the course is designed for anyone who wants to learn more about art history, my goal is to bring in art teachers (of ALL grade levels) in the course to help supplement their art history knowledge and participate in engaging learning activities to transfer into your classroom!
What kind of assignments will I complete?
From videos to learning games, reflective writing to art discussions, this course is full of varied learning experiences. Quizzes in several formats will reinforce, rather than simply test, your learning.
Discussions about the art will take place with your peers in a closed Facebook group, but you can also choose to print and use the course’s printable workbook pages to keep track of your learning.
When you buy the course, you get lifetime access to it! The content will not expire, so you can go at your own pace and continue to refer back to the content throughout the years. As a bonus, you will also receive lifetime access to the prehistoric art mini-course when you purchase this course. Want all future courses? Click below for an All Access Pass.
- Fill out the form below to make 2 payments of $75.
- Click here for the one-time payment option.
- Click here to buy the All Course Access Pass.
If you already have an account, please log-in first so you don’t create duplicate accounts! Make sure the address is correct so the transaction passes zip code verification with your card.You are not logged in. Login