Here’s a roundup of all of the Resource Library updates for April 2019!
Remember to log in before clicking the links in this email!
April Artwork of the Week Bundle
Monthly Members: Don’t forget to download the Bundle before it goes into the vault for yearly members.
Spring Art Show Tips
- Hang up the poems, creative writing, and other art interpretation work you have done. Put a color print of the focus artwork and hang the poems or other written work around it. Have students neatly write (or even type) their poems.
- Take photographs of kinesthetic activities, tableaux vivant, or other such dramatic activities and put those on display to show that interpreting art is active and fun.
- Scan copies of their work from the worksheets bundle and photos of students interpreting art and put on a looped slideshow that runs continuously throughout your event.
- Have students perform spoken word versions of their poems, scripts, and interpretations on stage.
- Videotape skits or activities that you have done and display at your art show.
- If you are doing a family art night, have an art interpretation table with art prints and templates from the worksheet bundle! Invite students to show their parents how fun it is to connect with and write about art.
- Print pictures of students in the process of working and hang those along side the finished pieces.
- Hang up a work of art and put piles of post-its next to it. Have students and families write their thoughts about the artwork and post it next to it.
- Have your students be “docents” of either the art of their peers or of artworks you have studied this year.
Art Show Kit
Login and click here to download the Art Show Kit! It has everything you need:
- Art Show Guide
- Email Template
- 2 Flyer Templates
- 3 Volunteer Sign-up Templates
- ‘Your Art Story’ Student Worksheet
- ‘What is Art?’ Student Worksheet
- 2 Interactive Art Discussion Assignment Templates
- 2 Artwork Label Templates
- Artwork & Poetry Display Template with Example
- Project Sign Template with Examples
- 2 ‘Make & Take’ Art Show Activities with Instructions
- Artwork Reflection & Rubric Student Worksheet
Updated Art Around the World in 30 Days eBook
We recently updated and reformatted the Art Around the World in 30 Days eBook. Login and click here to download it from the Resource Library!
Art Trip Q&A